BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Comfort Food

One of my favorite uses for leftover pasta is fried spaghetti...the kids and I love it for lunch, and it jazzes up boring plain pasta.

To make, I take a pat of butter and melt in my cast iron skillet. If you don't have cast iron, you may want to use a nonstick skillet since this can stick pretty badly, or you may want to add a little olive oil.

When the butter is melted, I add some seasoned bread crumbs, for a single serving, this is around a heaping tablespoon. Add a handful of cooked long pasta like spaghetti or angel hair and cook until the bread crumbs are crispy and the pasta is warmed through. Then stir in some hunks of feta cheese or grate some fresh parm on top, sprinkle with a little more breadcrumbs and cook a minute or two more,

It is simply delicious and a wonderful, comforting lunch!

0 comments: