BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 9, 2009

Lemony admissions

First, I must admit that I gave my son Easy Mac for lunch...yes, EASY MAC, probably one of the more offensive kid food items. See, he had preschool and we had a few packs in the pantry that I got a rockin deal on, and well, I am tired today. I did make him eat carrots from our garden with it...but this is just proof that there are some days everyone needs a break!

I was planning to make fish for dinner, but Grayson asked that we have lemon chicken, so I am indulging him, he is really cute and huggable and he knows how to play that card with me. The lemon chicken is really easy. I cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces and dredge in flour that has salt, pepper and lemon peel added. Cook the chicken in a a few pats of butter and a few Tbs of olive oil. When cooked through, I add some chicken broth to the pan and the juice of 3-4 lemons and their freshly grated peel. Salt and pepper to taste and simmer until the sauce is thickened and everything on the house smells yummy. Tonight I will also add some peas to the mixture in the last ten minutes and I will toss with cooked orzo. A delicious, easy and healthy one dish meal.

0 comments: