BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We have been busy....onward to Thanksgiving

I have been cooking and feeding the family the last week, but we had company and it got crazy, so no posts. I will try to do better...but I promise the kids ate :)

Thanksgiving is creeping up on us, and I am hosting this year.


On the menu:

Spinach and Artichoke Dip (it is required at all family gatherings)
Vegetable Crudite
Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potato Bake
Sweet Acorn Squash
Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Bread

I am getting a jump on things and starting the cooking tomorrow so that I can enjoy the day on Thursday. I made the bread today, it is out usual recipe but I doubled it since we will be having fresh bread tonight with dinner. The sheer volume of dough is astounding! I also plan to make Challah tomorrow to be used in Thanksgiving French Toast...we need something to enjoy while watching the parade!

I will post some recipes tomorrow, most likely my Sweet Potato Bake which is a spin off of Sweet Potato Souffle. I also will post my stuffing recipe which is made with white wine and lots of veggies. See ya tomorrow!

0 comments: